Mainspring

  • dguts1813
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
      This is probably a hopeless quest, but does anyone out there have a
      mainspring for an old Japanese repop Charleville? In a pinch I'll
      take one for Japanese Bess.

      Ed B.
    • Rick Peterson
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
        Ed,
        Trying to find replacement parts for the old Jap muskets is, as you
        put it, virtually hopeless.
        However, Les Szabo from Lion's Den did fit up my Bess, using a
        Pedersoli replacement spring, and much intense labour with a Dremmel
        tool.
        His price was reasonable, and workmanship is guaranteed.
        His number should be in the list of merchant contacts. Failing that,
        I could find it for you if need be.

        Rick P.

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "dguts1813" <Armchairadm@...>

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
          Ed:

          Try Shooter's Choice in Waterloo Ontario
          www.shooterschoice.com

          They have supplied Jap parts in the past
          and fixed many Parks Canada muskets

          Their gunsmith is a shooter

          Yrs.,
          L2

          - Ed B. wrote:

          This is probably a hopeless quest, but does anyone out there have a
          mainspring for an old Japanese repop Charleville? In a pinch I'll
          take one for Japanese Bess.

          Ed B.
        • Dale Kidd
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Peterson" <petersons@...> wrote:
            > ...Les Szabo from Lion's Den did fit up my Bess, using a
            > Pedersoli replacement spring, and much intense labour with a Dremmel
            > tool.
            > His price was reasonable, and workmanship is guaranteed.

            Furthermore, if you will be attending Fanshawe this weekend, Les will
            likely be there!

            ~Dale
          • HQ93rd@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
              Blatant plug:

               David Zucker's new comedy feature film AN AMERICAN CAROL opens October 3 in theaters everywhere.

              http://americancarol.com/

              The guy in the little black moustache is hilarious...he even sings!.

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yFcf0EkA7Q

              Hey...there is SOME history involved!

              ;-)

              93rd SHRoFLHU
              THE Thin Red Line
              www.93rdhighlanders.com
              www.myspace.com/93rdhighlanders
              www.new.facebook.com/people/Sutherland_Highlanders/1120912511

            • Roger
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
                Yes. Les should be there. He is bring my son's Jap Charleville lock
                with a new mainspring. It was a custom job as Rick described. I did
                consider a completely new Pedersoli lock for about twice the price.

                Roger