RE: 1812 2nd KY & 19th US vs the Royal Scots

  • Mark Dickerson
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 25, 2008
      Those two brave men were Cpl Chris McKay and Pvt Larry Barnard. They
      'volunteered' to try and draw your fire so that rest of the company could
      attempt to escape the 'Valley of Death' that you created. Very well done!
      They had us laughing as well. The situation made me think of Dieppe, with
      high cliffs along the shoreline. In a final attempt to escape, some of us
      crawled through 3 strings of barbed wire at the top of the cliff. Very
      nasty place to be. Your company and the 19th were most formidable and
      gracious.

      Mark Dickerson