GT 2008 Safety ... & thanks.

  • John Hoffman
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 24, 2008
      Greetings. Among all the pleasurable events which occurred at Jef-Pat
      last weekend at the GT I can say I did quite a bit of getting around
      and did not witness one careless or unsafe act. I do not recall
      hearing of one medical emergency on the field.

      Thank you Rick Peterson of the RMs for watching that muzzles in the
      ranks were either elevated or depressed during combat !!!

      Of course, the foot tall corn stubble in the field before the main
      battle area was rather a bugger to navigate in but you all will be
      pleased to hear that my puncture wounds from Sunday afternoon are now
      healing nicely.

      Important: I gotta say BIG WELL DONE to the event safety staff
      assigned to the tactical. They were brilliant ! Try as we might have
      to bag the US Regulars behind that rail fence near the Crown Forces
      break area, safety lead the day and nothing out of sorts happened.

      Oh, and thank you to Ed, Steve, Myron, et al, for arranging the
      splendid event weather ... & Larry, you narrate spledidly. Spectators
      whom I spoke with said, "that's right, we heard that over the PA
      system", and so on. Bravo, Sir !!!

      Cheers, Johnnie, 1812 Royal Marines.
    • peter monahan
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 24, 2008
        Gentlemen & Ladies

        While I realize that I'm late to the fair, I too wish to express my
        very great pleasure at the great organization, wonderful people and
        fabulous site I encountered at this year's GT. It was definitely one
        of the events which will stand out in memory over the years, when
        others have become merely a pleasant blur.

        I also wish to echo Mr. Williams comments on the new units - and new
        friends - with whom I was priviliged to work. I sincerely hope that
        the 4th King's Own, the 6th of Foot and the 21st NB Fuzileers will
        continue to march and fight with the Crown Forces. I could not ask for
        more professional or co-operative troops and the standards of drill and
        fighting ability were likewise first rate. Thank you, gentlemen!

        Peter Monahan