Fanshawe breakfast

  • Dave Westhouse
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 4, 2008
      Peter, Gord et al,

      To answer your question on what is for breakfast at the Fanshawe 1812
      event, I have a definitive answer.

      Saturday breakfast will consist of scrambled eggs and bacon, with
      fresh fruit, toast, orange juice, coffee and tea.

      Sunday breakfast will consist of pancakes and sausage, with fresh
      fruit, toast, orange juice, coffee and tea.

      Breakfast will be served from 7-9am.

      The village cafe will also be open to serve mid day meals with a
      period appropriate buffet. The cost of the buffet will be $9.95 for
      adults, and $5 for those 12 and under. Hotdogs will also be available
      for the kids who might not wish to partake in the buffet. The buffet
      will be available from 10am-4:30pm and will consist of;
      Potato and leak soup
      Tomato soup
      Fresh bread and biscuits
      Chicken stew
      Coffee, tea or lemonade
      Bread pudding

      There will also be an option to purchase just a bowl of soup/stew and
      bread.

      We had our second to last meeting to bring it all together and it is
      shaping up nicely. Mr. Dennison and I surveyed the battlefield area
      which will be shifted to the east somewhat and it looks to be just as
      fun as last year with lots of space to play.

      Those who wish to blow off some powder and 'shoot at each other' are
      asked to meet me at 1:15pm each day in the Jury farmstead courtyard to
      lay down the ground rules and determine a commander for each side. The
      skirmish will last no longer than 20 minutes and be confined to the
      same location as last year(east side of the village). Remember to keep
      it safe.

      Following this skirmish visitors have a chance to take a tour of the
      native, artillery and military camps so please make it look great
      (modern items out of view). This gives the visitor a chance to
      understand why things are laid out the way they are or were and what
      might be accurate and what might not be.

      Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

      Dave Westhouse,
      1st Royal Scots Battn.