Daniel Stong, soldier in the War of 1812

  • P Grondin
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2008
      I am looking for information on Daniel Stong who, it is believed, fought in the War of 1812. He was born in 1791 in Pennsylvania and arrived in Upper Canada with his family in 1800. His family settled in Vaughan Township in York County.

      I am hoping that someone has a list of soldiers in a local regiment with his name on it or perhaps someone can point me in the right direction please.

      Daniel and his 16 year old son Jacob fought in the 1837 rebellion, of that we have proof, but can't find any documentation on his involvement in the War of 1812.

      Pauline
      spingolli@... is a dance, you learn as you go. Enjoy!!
    • Kevin Windsor
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2008
        Hi Pauline, I will check the muster lists and pension applications at work
        tomorrow.

        KW

        _____

        From: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
        Of P Grondin

        spingolli@hotmail.
        <mailto:spingolli%40hotmail.comwww.paulinegrondin.comLife>
        comwww.paulinegrondin.comLife is a dance, you learn as you go. Enjoy!!

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2008
          Ms. Grondin

          A google search on *Daniel Stong War of 1812*
          found

          Black Creek Pioneer Village: Toronto's Living History Village -
          Google Books Result by Nick Mika, Helma Mika, Gary Thompson - 2000 -
          History - 112 pages

          The Stong family was among them. Daniel Stong, who at the age of 20
          had enlisted and seen service in the War of 1812, married Elizabeth
          in January of 1816.

          http://books.google.ca/books?
          id=sbMFNiVyCPwC&pg=PA17&lpg=PA17&dq=Daniel+Stong+war+of+1812&source=we
          b&ots=O4YsF708Pc&sig=aTpXvWRZCounbSx_ttZEkRUAZB0&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_re
          sult&resnum=9&ct=result

          Hope this helps

          Yrs.,
          L2

          - - - - P Grondin wrote:

          I am looking for information on Daniel Stong who, it is believed,
          fought in the War of 1812. He was born in 1791 in Pennsylvania and
          arrived in Upper Canada with his family in 1800. His family settled
          in Vaughan Township in York County.

          I am hoping that someone has a list of soldiers in a local regiment
          with his name on it or perhaps someone can point me in the right
          direction please.

          Daniel and his 16 year old son Jacob fought in the 1837 rebellion, of
          that we have proof, but can't find any documentation on his
          involvement in the War of 1812.
        • Len Heidebrecht
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4, 2008
            Hi there,
            Contact Wendy Rowley, Head of Interpretation, Black Creek Pioneer
            Village in Toronto; 416-667-6295. The two oldest buildings are Daniel
            Stongs first(1815)and second (1832?)houses.
            Cheers,