Value of Canada - was RE: 1812 Officer / NCO school...?

  • mimathews@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2008
      Hello again Gord,

      I wonder if you could expand upon that thought. I had the impression that natural resources from Canada was important to the war effort and the freeing up of 4,500 troops in 1812 is hardly a deal breaker. This all presumes that trade relations don't immediately normalize given a successful American campaign against Canada.

      Thanks, looking forward to your analysis and/or opinions.

      Michael

      --
      A Truism - For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

      From: "Gord Deans" gord.deans@...
      Actually, losing British North America could have only increased
      Britain's ability to overcome Napoleon.