Backus Mills Event

  • capt_haha
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 2, 2008
      This weekends Backus Mills event promises to better
      last years attendance with well over 325 registrations
      received as of Sep't 30th.
      There will be two battle scenarios on Sat.,one centered
      around the Mill and the afternoon battle in the Village.
      I know most of you are looking forward to the Sunday
      morning tactical in the woods. Sunday afternoon's battle
      will be in a new location.
      The Long Point Region Conservation Authority will again
      both host and cook Saturdays dinner with a little help
      from the Norfolks. Aunt Erie's Kitchen will be open 24
      hours the entire weekend.They have agreed to offer both
      Sat. and Sun. breakfast buffet at a special price of
      $5.00 per day for reenactors in period dress.
      Be sure to tour the newly renovated Barn were dinner
      will be served.
      Ice will be available at the front gates.
      Any reenacters willing to assist in sentry duty on Friday
      and Saturday night please see me.
      Best Regards Larry Hanna
      <capt. Norfolk Militia>
    • Gord Deans
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 2, 2008
        I am happy to report that Ken Fisher has returned home and is
        recovering comfortably from his double-bypass surgery. He will need
        to spend the next 5 weeks healing and regaining his strength before he
        can resume any activity.

        Gord Deans,
        HMS Charwell Landing Party.
      • capt_haha
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 29, 2009
          Hello Everyone
          As the Aug 1st deadline for registration for the Crown
          Forces event at Backus Mills event Sep't 12th 13th is
          quickly approaching. Please review the following reminder.
          You are able to register as an individual or as a group
          at the Norfolk site.Just use the Backus link at the bottom
          of the page.You can access the Norfolk Militia Heritage
          Regiment site at :
          http://www.norfolk.uppercanadianheritage.com/
          Best Regards Larry Hanna
          cptn Norfolk Militia