RE: 1812 Fairfield NON-SANCTIONED ?

  • Gord Deans
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 1, 2008
      Roy,

      NON-SANCTIONED? Does this mean that we should NOT attend this event?
      Is it UNSAFE? Is it UNINSURED? Is it UNPOPULAR? Is it on an
      INCONVENIENT weekend? We are all curious.

      HMS Charwell Landing Party has had many enjoyable years at this event
      and would have been present this year except for the health issues of
      Elsie and Ken Fisher and the equipment and vehicle theft from our
      Royal Marine, Bill Kovaks.

      Who "NON-SANCTIONED" it?

      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 2, 2008
        To the staff of the crown forces and to the list I would like to extend my apollogies for
        jumping the gun on an unfounded rumour, as Mr. Williams rightly pointed out to me, I
        should have approached the crown forces staff directly. Mr Williams has not only assured me
        but also convinced me that the rumour is exactly that. I take full responsibility for any trouble caused.
        yr most humble servant,
        Roy Winders, Capt. B.I.D.