Re: 1812 Fairfield

  • Craig Williams
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 1, 2008
      My question exactly Dave.
      What's a "non-sanctioned event" Roy ?

      Craig Williams
      On 1-Oct-08, at 11:42 PM, DAVID BRUNELLE wrote:

      > What do you mean by non-sanctioned event?
      >
      > David Brunelle

    • Gord Deans
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 1, 2008
        Roy,

        NON-SANCTIONED? Does this mean that we should NOT attend this event?
        Is it UNSAFE? Is it UNINSURED? Is it UNPOPULAR? Is it on an
        INCONVENIENT weekend? We are all curious.

        HMS Charwell Landing Party has had many enjoyable years at this event
        and would have been present this year except for the health issues of
        Elsie and Ken Fisher and the equipment and vehicle theft from our
        Royal Marine, Bill Kovaks.

        Who "NON-SANCTIONED" it?

        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 2, 2008
          To the staff of the crown forces and to the list I would like to extend my apollogies for
          jumping the gun on an unfounded rumour, as Mr. Williams rightly pointed out to me, I
          should have approached the crown forces staff directly. Mr Williams has not only assured me
          but also convinced me that the rumour is exactly that. I take full responsibility for any trouble caused.
          yr most humble servant,
          Roy Winders, Capt. B.I.D.