Re: 1812 Fairfield

  • HAROLD DENNISON
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 1, 2008
      Roy,

      Pleased to see that it was a success again this year. I will have to make it out again as it is generally an enjoyable weekend.
      What do you mean by "non sanctioned event"?

      Hal

      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 1, 2008
        My question exactly Dave.
        What's a "non-sanctioned event" Roy ?

        Craig Williams
        On 1-Oct-08, at 11:42 PM, DAVID BRUNELLE wrote:

        > What do you mean by non-sanctioned event?
        >
        > David Brunelle

      • Gord Deans
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 1, 2008
          Roy,

          NON-SANCTIONED? Does this mean that we should NOT attend this event?
          Is it UNSAFE? Is it UNINSURED? Is it UNPOPULAR? Is it on an
          INCONVENIENT weekend? We are all curious.

          HMS Charwell Landing Party has had many enjoyable years at this event
          and would have been present this year except for the health issues of
          Elsie and Ken Fisher and the equipment and vehicle theft from our
          Royal Marine, Bill Kovaks.

          Who "NON-SANCTIONED" it?

          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 2, 2008
            To the staff of the crown forces and to the list I would like to extend my apollogies for
            jumping the gun on an unfounded rumour, as Mr. Williams rightly pointed out to me, I
            should have approached the crown forces staff directly. Mr Williams has not only assured me
            but also convinced me that the rumour is exactly that. I take full responsibility for any trouble caused.
            yr most humble servant,
            Roy Winders, Capt. B.I.D.

          • DAVID BRUNELLE
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 1, 2008