Corunna 2009

  • BritcomHMP@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 27, 2008
      To any and all who, like me, have seen the letter from John Norris of the NA
      UK on what sounded like a travesty to be commited at next years's
      bicentennial event.

      I have been making inquiries of my own and have found out that nothing like
      what was sugested is being planned, I have a copy of a letter from the head of
      Spanish authorities planning the event which lays out the plan very clearly
      and the whole thing seems to be very respectful to both sides.

      Various people have asked me to investigate this so I have started talking
      to the people involved and will report back shortly. In brief as things now
      stand the Spanish would welcome involvement from any British units and are
      planning a spectacular and historicaly accurate event.

      If anyone is interested please contact me off list but when dates and planns
      are firm I will be sure to let everyone know.

      All the best,

      deal here.

    • tedyeat
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 27, 2008
        Tim,
        Sounds like you may be in the crosshairs of another hurricane.
        Hope you and everyone in the N.O. and Gulf Coast come out of this OK.

        YH&OS,
        T. Yeatman

      • BritcomHMP@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 27, 2008
          In a message dated 8/27/2008 6:51:09 PM Central Daylight Time,
          tedyeat@... writes:

          Tim,
          Sounds like you may be in the crosshairs of another hurricane.
          Hope you and everyone in the N.O. and Gulf Coast come out of this OK.

          YH&OS,
          T. Yeatman

          Many thanks Ted, yes indeed. Things had been a bit dull lately. I and many
          of my friends stayed last time and though it was no picnic it was livable. We
          shall making the decision as to wether to go or stay in the next couple of
          days but remember Katrina was already a hurricane at this stage while this one
          is just building back up from being downgraded to a tropical storm. Anyway I
          have been stocking up with water and food so we shall see what happens.

          deal here.

        • tedyeat
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 31, 2008
            Tim,
            I assume you are planning to evacuate. This looks like it could be
            Katrina revisted and then some. Hope everything works out and
            everyone down there gets out of the way. Stay safe and let us know
            how it goes when you can.

          • BritcomHMP@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 1, 2008
              I wasn't planning to but my girlfriend convinced me she needed my hel so I did. I doubt that I will again. The 34 hour drive in stop and go traffic, sleeing in the car with the dog, playing 'hunt the gasoline', and 'avoid the car wreck'.

              I left behind food, warter, generator, batteries and a group of a dozen friends (including, an artist, acedemic, member of the attorney enerals office and ex-council wooman (mongst others) who are looking after the neighborhood. I have my press pess and cameras with me?and am probably more shattered here in NC than I would have been if I had stayed.

              That my saun brain dead but, to quote a friend of mine, you have to be there. And yes, after that deive my brain is dead so?I am rambling.

              Thank you so much for asking Ted. nice to know people care:-)

              Kindest regards,