Longwoods

  • Gary Stephens
    Message 1 of 51 , Jan 12, 2000
      Wondered if any of you good folk had a contact address, email,
      website, phone number for the organizers of the Battle of Longwoods?

      Lorina

      --------------------------------------
      Five Rivers Chapmanry ~ purveyors of quality hand-crafted cooperage, fine
      hand-sewn, embroidered garments, historical sewing patterns and embroidery
      supplies http://www.5rivers.org e-mail: info@...
    • tom4141fournier
      Message 51 of 51 , May 8

        Good morning list

        I would like to thank the Royal Scot Lights for their wonderful work hosting us this weekend at the Longwoods Conservation Area just outside of London, Ontario.

        I marvel at the resiliency and high spirts so evident in reenactors!

        In spite of terrible weather forecasts all week, we had a remarkable turnout and actually had a very good weekend.  All drill sessions and battle scenarios went as planned.

        I am so happy all were rewarded with a sunny day and dry canvas to wrap up the weekend!

        I found the American forces to be very active and energetic and truly a daunting opponent.

        I would also like to thank the assembled British, Canadian and Native forces for their support and fine efforts.  It is always a joy to watch the dedication with which they train to refine their impression and the skill they demonstrate in application.

        Next up is our first Crown Forces event of the season at Fort Meigs.  Stoney Creek quickly follows.  I hope to see strong turnouts and great support at both events.

        Truly I remain,

        Your most humble and obedient Servant,

        Tom Fournier, Lt. Colonel

        Crown Forces