Tents, sorry, one more thing...

  • Iain Burns
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 7:37 AM
      All

      I forgot to ask this question...

      While I was doing British for Rev War ('73 - '85), it was common to have a ball attached to the pegs that held the ridge pole to the two uprights... these balls projected above the top of the tent and were painted in the facing colour of the Regiment portrayed. I do not see this practice still being carried out for 1812, nor can I find the documentation confirming this practice. Was this something that was done in the early 19th century?

      Ta again....

      Aye,
      Iain