Re: 1812 - Journal of the War of 1812, Volume 11 - Port Claiborne, Ontario

  • BritcomHMP@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 2, 2008
      In a message dated 8/2/2008 4:21:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
      sgtwarner@... writes:

      This is likely the same "syndrome" that has Lake Ontario and Lake
      > Erie flipped and no Georgian Bay in the "Napoleonic Source Book" by
      > PJ Haythornthwaite or should I say Hyahtronethwiate?

      My experience of the man (from many years ago) is that now he has written it
      down he will defend its accuracy to the death, I never knew him to admit a
      mistake.

      'So he has written, so shall it be!'

      Read reviews on AOL Autos.

    • Craig Williams
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 3, 2008
        So therefore, by that logic, I now live in Hamilton at the head of
        Lake Erie?

        );^P

        Craig
        On 3-Aug-08, at 12:33 AM, BritcomHMP@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 8/2/2008 4:21:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
        > sgtwarner@... writes:
        >
        > This is likely the same "syndrome" that has Lake Ontario and Lake
        > > Erie flipped and no Georgian Bay in the "Napoleonic Source Book" by
        > > PJ Haythornthwaite or should I say Hyahtronethwiate?

        > My experience of the man (from many years ago) is that now he has
        > written it
        > down he will defend its accuracy to the death, I never knew him to
        > admit a
        > mistake.
        >
        > 'So he has written, so shall it be!'
        >
        > **************Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your
        > budget?
        > Read reviews on AOL Autos.
        > (http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?
        > ncid=aolaut00050000000017 )

      • Ray Hobbs
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 3, 2008
          And, speaking of Hamilton. I have lost count of the number of
          misplacings of "Burlington Heights" in maps in books on the War of
          1812. The location seems to be the most mobile of any and all other
          sites - ranging from St. Catharine's to Milton.
          Ray H
          41st