Re: my worst reenacting experience

  • Kevin Windsor
    Message 1 of 32 , Aug 2, 2008
      As I recall it was about $40 or something like that! It paid for our
      beer that night and that was it.
      I was wearing a greatcoat too and was with the Newf's. Man that seems
      like a loooong time ago in a galaxy far far away.

      Kevin

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "James Yaworsky" <yawors1@...> wrote:

      > We were all paid a small stipend for our efforts. As I took my cash,
      > I felt like I had just prostituted myself. I had sold out the memory
      > of the Regiment I have chosen to portray. I made a vow on the spot
      > and I've never participated in something this inaccurate again.
    • Michael Whittaker
      Message 32 of 32 , Aug 6, 2008
        Tom

        My experience over the past 20+ years of reenacting has led me away from 1812 and leaves me with a strong preference AWI and F&I in that order.

        I have not found the 1812 genre to the "tightest", most consistent and best run of all the genres I have been involved with, but I will say the same of the other eras, too.

        No lengthy rational. Suffice it to say that is the way it is for me. But I rarely field any more and enjoy interacting with the public.

        To each their own.

        Michael Whittaker

        PS: Can you read this from behind your soap box?  ;o)