Re: 1812 - Journal of the War of 1812, Volume 11 - Port Claiborne, Ontario

  • Craig Williams
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 2 2:21 PM
      > Gord said.....
      >
      > Could this be the result of the collision of dyslexia with a
      > typographical error or is it part of a sinister plot by Cousin
      > Jonathan to create a new city in Ontario?
      >

      > This is likely the same "syndrome" that has Lake Ontario and Lake
      > Erie flipped and no Georgian Bay in the "Napoleonic Source Book" by
      > PJ Haythornthwaite or should I say Hyahtronethwiate?
      >

      > Craig Williams

    • peter monahan
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 2 2:36 PM
        Gord said.....

        Could this be the result of the collision of dyslexia with a
        typographical error...

        "Dyslexics of the world untie!"
      • BritcomHMP@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 2 9:33 PM
          In a message dated 8/2/2008 4:21:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
          sgtwarner@... writes:

          This is likely the same "syndrome" that has Lake Ontario and Lake
          > Erie flipped and no Georgian Bay in the "Napoleonic Source Book" by
          > PJ Haythornthwaite or should I say Hyahtronethwiate?

          My experience of the man (from many years ago) is that now he has written it
          down he will defend its accuracy to the death, I never knew him to admit a
          mistake.

          'So he has written, so shall it be!'

          Read reviews on AOL Autos.

        • Craig Williams
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 3 6:04 AM
            So therefore, by that logic, I now live in Hamilton at the head of
            Lake Erie?

            );^P

            Craig
            On 3-Aug-08, at 12:33 AM, BritcomHMP@... wrote:

            > In a message dated 8/2/2008 4:21:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
            > sgtwarner@... writes:
            >
            > This is likely the same "syndrome" that has Lake Ontario and Lake
            > > Erie flipped and no Georgian Bay in the "Napoleonic Source Book" by
            > > PJ Haythornthwaite or should I say Hyahtronethwiate?

            > My experience of the man (from many years ago) is that now he has
            > written it
            > down he will defend its accuracy to the death, I never knew him to
            > admit a
            > mistake.
            >
            > 'So he has written, so shall it be!'
            >
            > **************Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your
            > budget?
            > Read reviews on AOL Autos.
            > (http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?
            > ncid=aolaut00050000000017 )

          • Ray Hobbs
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 3 6:16 AM
              And, speaking of Hamilton. I have lost count of the number of
              misplacings of "Burlington Heights" in maps in books on the War of
              1812. The location seems to be the most mobile of any and all other
              sites - ranging from St. Catharine's to Milton.
              Ray H
              41st