Greetings to the Group

  • richard lytle
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
      Hello, Everyone,

      As a matter of courtesy, I would like to introduce myself to the group as a new member. My name is Richard M. Lytle and I just joined this group yesterday.  come to you upon the recommendation of Dr. Martin Gordon, my editor, who is a participant in the War of 1812 Consortium.

      While I have many interests in events surrounding the late 1700s and early 1800s, at present I am conducting indepth research into the funidmental concepts of land based national defense within the United States from the end of the American Revolution to the 1846 Invasion of Mexico. Naturally, the War of 1812 is a significant period within my research time frame. Therefore, any thoughts, suggestions or comments anyone would care to make will be very appreciated.

      Thank you,

      Richard M. Lytle
      Local History Librarian
      Hammond Public Library