Re: 1812 Wasaga Under Siege 2008

  • DAVID BRUNELLE
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2008
      Thanks for the great review!

      David Brunelle

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Kevin Garrett
      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 12:27 PM
      Subject: 1812 Wasaga Under Siege 2008

      Hello List,

      As a first-time attendee at this event I would like to thank all the
      organizers for providing a wonderful weekend and some of the best food
      I've had (not to disparage anyone else ) at an event.

      To Mr. Brunelle , would you consider a "Rusted Man" competition for us
      older guys that can't meet Ian Stumpf's time of 2:20 in the Iron Man
      Competion? Same event , just with a 2-minute break in the middle for
      those with plantar fasciitis or other afflictions of advanced age?

      I'd even buy the trophy for you to use!

      Thanks again,

      Kevin Garrett
      Royal Scots Grens

    • richard lytle
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
        Hello, Everyone,

        As a matter of courtesy, I would like to introduce myself to the group as a new member. My name is Richard M. Lytle and I just joined this group yesterday.  come to you upon the recommendation of Dr. Martin Gordon, my editor, who is a participant in the War of 1812 Consortium.

        While I have many interests in events surrounding the late 1700s and early 1800s, at present I am conducting indepth research into the funidmental concepts of land based national defense within the United States from the end of the American Revolution to the 1846 Invasion of Mexico. Naturally, the War of 1812 is a significant period within my research time frame. Therefore, any thoughts, suggestions or comments anyone would care to make will be very appreciated.

        Thank you,

        Richard M. Lytle
        Local History Librarian
        Hammond Public Library