Wasaga Under Siege 2008

  • Kevin Garrett
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 28, 2008
      Hello List,

      As a first-time attendee at this event I would like to thank all the
      organizers for providing a wonderful weekend and some of the best food
      I've had (not to disparage anyone else ) at an event.

      To Mr. Brunelle , would you consider a "Rusted Man" competition for us
      older guys that can't meet Ian Stumpf's time of 2:20 in the Iron Man
      Competion? Same event , just with a 2-minute break in the middle for
      those with plantar fasciitis or other afflictions of advanced age?

      I'd even buy the trophy for you to use!

      Thanks again,

      Kevin Garrett
      Royal Scots Grens
    • donna durnford
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 28, 2008
        I was thinking the same thing. most of our men just watch because they complain they are too old, so maybe you could sip geritol or some other enhancing beverage, use a wheelchair, walker,cane and maybe a chair to sit on while you load the shots would help also. Just a thought.. Donna US25th

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 28, 2008
          If you guys keep it up, you'll have Tom and I legging it out against each other for the pride of the regiments and armies. It's been a pretty seesaw battle over the years between the US 25th and His Majesty's 1st Foot. :)

          Hal

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 31, 2008
            Thanks for the great review!

            David Brunelle

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2008
              Hello, Everyone,

              As a matter of courtesy, I would like to introduce myself to the group as a new member. My name is Richard M. Lytle and I just joined this group yesterday.  come to you upon the recommendation of Dr. Martin Gordon, my editor, who is a participant in the War of 1812 Consortium.

              While I have many interests in events surrounding the late 1700s and early 1800s, at present I am conducting indepth research into the funidmental concepts of land based national defense within the United States from the end of the American Revolution to the 1846 Invasion of Mexico. Naturally, the War of 1812 is a significant period within my research time frame. Therefore, any thoughts, suggestions or comments anyone would care to make will be very appreciated.

              Thank you,

              Richard M. Lytle
              Local History Librarian
              Hammond Public Library