one musket for sale

  • Sean
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2000
      Before anyone gets excited I will dispell any rumours... I am not getting
      out of the hobby. I would like to buy a Tulle for my French Marine
      portrayal and since my wife won't allow me to go over the imposed gun quota
      I have to sell one of my Besses in order to buy. Any how, here are the
      details...

      For Sale:

      1 Short Land Pattern Brown Bess Musket

      Serial Number - 4019 (Dixie Gun Works, Japanese Model)

      This gun comes with a bayonet and scabbard, sorry no swivels or sling.

      The gun is in excellent condition with a refinished stock, well polished
      brass and lovingly shined barrel and lock.

      If you want it, make an offer... a serious one.

      S´┐Żan
    • Roger Fuller
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2000
        I'd love to buy Sean's musket, but right now we are investigating buying
        some used Baker repros from a fellow in Canada. What exactly does one do to
        ensure a total lack of hassle from the gun and customs authorities in the US
        and Canada? AFAIK flintlocks are in Canada the same as in the USA: not
        considered firearms. Any hassles with purchasing several at once from an
        individual in Canada and bringing them over the border?

        Roger the Gun Smuggler
        3/95th (Rifles)