Re: The "Turncoat"

  • Scott Jeznach
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2000
      >When Rich Baldino of Philadelphia was asked why he portrayed a British
      >Redcoat by Good Morning America, he replied, and I quote
      >"Anyone can wrap a towel around his head and call himself a rebel."
      >
      >His point is of course rude and over-made but I kinda' like it!
      >
      >God Save the King!
      > Craig

      Not to mention, this is so out of character for Baldino to be that blunt and
      opinionated.

      Scott J
      Royal Marines
    • NINETY3RD@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2000
        Here's another off the Revlist------

        From: John Fraser <jfraser@...>

        As a re-enactor of a private soldier in the 71st regiment, I am frequently
        asked why a free American citizen of the 21st century would willingly
        portray a British soldier of the 18th century. The question is often asked
        in very impolite terms, including suggestions that we are somehow "English".

        Within the ranks of the 71st, I have heard many reasons given for our
        portrayal. The explanation that seems best to me is simply stated:

        We portray professional soldiers in the British army of the 18th century to
        demonstrate the huge price the American (and French) forces paid for our
        latter-day freedoms. We demonstrate the valor of the Continental Army, the
        colonial militia, and others by portraying the zealous professionals of the
        British army who were defeated only by great sacrifice.

        RevList - http://www.meridian.com/revlist/