Re: Surplus 41st Supplies for sale/Chalmette/Ogdensburg

  • Roger Fuller
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2000
      From: Jim Yaworsky <yawors1@...>
      To: 'warof1812@onelist.com' <warof1812@onelist.com>
      Date: 02 January 2000 13:43
      Subject: [WarOf1812] Surplus 41st Supplies for sale

      >From: Jim Yaworsky <yawors1@...>
      >
      >In view of recent developments, the 41st Regiment of Foot Military Living
      History Group (H.Q., Survival Squad) offers the following supplies for sale,
      real cheap:
      (snip)
      >8) 5 Bren guns,

      Fuhgeddaboudit- who has the proper licences? :^) No home is complete without
      at least one, though...

      >100,000 rounds of ammo;
      (snip)

      Hoo-ah! Too bad all this isn't for real.... .303, esp. non-corrosive, is
      always welcome at the Fuller house.

      But for those who did prepare: don't throw out all that survival stuff yet,
      kids. Mother Nature has a way of walloping us at the most inopportune times,
      and survival gear is always good to have. "Better to have it and not need
      it, than to need it, and not have it."

      Speaking of inopportune times, who on ye list is going to Chalmette this
      week, and how? Is anyone taking part in the Ogdensburg event this year? If
      so, what is the event like?

      Happy Last Year of the 20th cen, 2nd Millennium!
      Roger
      3/95th (Rifles)
    • NINETY3RD@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2000
        In a message dated 02/1/2000 7:24:02 PM, fullerfamily@... writes:

        << Speaking of inopportune times, who on ye list is going to Chalmette this

        week, and how? >>

        "Chalmette? It's toooo FARRRRR.. It costs toooooo much to get therrrrrreee!!!
        They don't let us shooooot at each other....they have ruuuules..."

        Yes indeed, I am going! Flying in (and NO I am NOT rich!) from Los Angeles,
        California.
        Another chap with the Royal Engineers, also from L.A., is flying in (he's on
        this list and may speak up!), we have one member of the 93rd coming in by
        train from Georgia, one by bus (I think) from San Antonio, TX, others are
        driving their vehicles from North Texas, Oklahoma and Indiana, as well as
        closer areas of Louisiana and Alabama. One chap of the 4th Reg't is driving
        in from Chicago if I recall.

        Always a good time no matter what -- and I have been going EVERY year since
        1989!!!

        Cheers!
        93rd SHRoFLHU
        http://hometown.aol.com