Re: 1812 Re: Brave New World for Reenacting in Wool

  • John Ogden
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 8, 2008
      Bob,
      Myself, I tend to think of either possibility as having a plus-side.
      If the world (by which I mean people) wakes up and pulls its collective head
      out of its collective posterior, this is all to the good. We can get over
      the largely pointless obsession with exterminating each other because we
      have skin-tones / theological beliefs
      / economic interests that don't match. Contrarily, if the world as we know
      it does come to an end, at least I won't have to repay the student loans
      I've been taking out to pay for law school. This is small consolation
      compared to the general lack of ability to indulge in our collective
      obsession, but you have to try to find the good in any situation...

      John J. Ogden
      Hanley School of Law
      Duquesne University
      Class of 2011