Usual notices regarding crossing into Canada with a musket

  • John Ogden
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3 11:08 AM
      All,
      For those who will read this on various lists, I apologize. As we get
      closer to a couple of large events (in various eras) that involve numerous
      members crossing the border between the US and Canada, who can direct me to
      the Canadian governmental website where I can print out the statute defining
      my musket as not being a prohibited firearm? Passport is already secured
      and ready for use in coming home.

      --
      John J. Ogden
      Hanley School of Law

      Madison, June 20, 1785

    • ronpontiac
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3 11:44 AM
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "John Ogden" <johnjogden@...> wrote:

        who can direct me to
        > the Canadian governmental website where I can print out the statute
        defining
        > my musket as not being a prohibited firearm?

        Hi John,

        The Canadian Government printed a brochure specifically to help
        Americans understand our gun laws.

        It specifically mentions that repro flintlocks are not regarded as
        firearms. Here is the link:

        http://www.atlasvanlines.ca/importingfirearmsCda.pdf

        Ron Dale
      • John Ogden