Re: Naval Establishment

  • Dale Kidd
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2008
      Mr. Fournier:

      On behalf of myself and my shipmates of the Amherstburg Provincial
      Marine aboard the 'Rolette' and 'Witch of A'burg' (and hopefully soon
      the PM Ship's Boat), your kind comments are most appreciated. Indeed,
      it is true that many of the Naval Establishment boat crews put every
      bit as much effort into their sailing skills, in pursuit of the
      CFNANE "Cock 'o the Walk" trophy, as our red (or green) clad brethren
      do their drill in hopes of winning the annual competition at
      Longwoods. It is refreshing to see the ever-improving understanding
      that is evolving between our impressions. Such cross-training
      experiences as you and your men had at Port Dover will continue to
      enhance that relationship as we approach the bicentennial, to the
      advantage of us all.

      Thanks again for the compliment.

      Your Humble Servant,

      Dale Kidd
      Master at Arms,
      H.M. Provincial Marine

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Fournier"
      <tom4141fournier@...> wrote:

      > Today's group site picture got me thinking ...
      >
      > How easy for me to pose for a photo op and make light of the
      moment,
      > but in a way that is a tremendous dis-service to our naval
      > establishment.
      >
      > We in the 41st have been extremely fortunate; we were guests at the
      > 2007 School of the Sailor at Amhertsberg in honour of the 41st's
      role
      > as emergency fill-ins during the Battle of Lake Erie. We have also
      > had several additional moments to be on the boats since.
      >
      > I must profess to the utmost admiration to our fine comrades in the
      > navy. Theirs' is a tricky craft that requires considerable skill
      and
      > knowledge; something that they seek to enhance at every School.
      >
      > We have seen first hand the crews of the HMS Auld Alliance, HMS
      Dawn