Re: 1812 Pointed question on British Drill

  • spikeyj
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2008
      On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 14:02:46 -0400
      "Iain Burns" <iain51hdbw@...> wrote:

      > I have been going through the 1811 manual, and trying
      > to sort out unfixing bayonets. The manual says that you
      > go to Order, hold the musket with your LEFT hand, and
      > remove and re-sheath your bayonet with the RIGHT. This
      > does not seem like the most efficient way to me, and
      > almost seems to be a mis-print; that left and right hands
      > are reversed in the text.

      Removing the bayonet with the left hand is easy enough, but
      unless you're double-jointed, trying to get it into a
      scabbard hanging on your left side without elbowing the man
      to your left in the head can be tricky.

      Spike Y Jones
      http://www.nni.com/
    • Tom Hurlbut
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 2008
        Ah, just use Smythe's drill instead!! ;-)

        "Major" Tom

        US 25th