new to the lists!

  • musketman_nate
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 23, 2008
      Hello all

      Well for those of you that don't know me, I am the Pioneer of the 41st
      reg of foot, under Tom Fournier. I seem to here about some of the
      topics on the 1812 list and so I finally decided to get my self signed
      up to see what things I can learn.

      I am interested in anything to do with the Pioneer core, I have been
      reading up on them as best I can, Roland has an excellent hand out
      about them but I want to know more. So if there are any books that you
      can think of that deal with the Pioneer let me know!

      Nate Bertrand
      41st Pioneer
      4151
    • BritcomHMP@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 24, 2008
        In a message dated 6/24/2008 8:56:04 AM Central Daylight Time,
        grublet_@... writes:

        I am interested in anything to do with the Pioneer core, I have been
        reading up on them as best I can, Roland has an excellent hand out
        about them but I want to know more.

        -------------------------------

        Dear Nate, when you say the Pioneers Corps do you mean the pioneers within a
        regiment of the Royal Sappers and Miners (the labour department of the Royal
        Engineers)?

        There is a great article on the latter in the old Tradition magazine.

      • Kevin Garrett
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 24, 2008
          Welcome to the list you hairy-faced man you....
          by the way I think the word you're trying to use is "Corps" not "core",
          the former being a body of troops and the latter the chewed-up centre
          of a piece of fruit?

          Good to have you aboard, Nathan! Enjopy the scintillating dialogue.

          Your friend and wannabe pioneer,

          Kevin

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "musketman_nate" <grublet_@...> wrote:

          > Hello all
          >
          > Well for those of you that don't know me, I am the Pioneer of the 41st
          > reg of foot, under Tom Fournier. I seem to here about some of the
          > topics on the 1812 list and so I finally decided to get my self signed
          > up to see what things I can learn.
          >
          > I am interested in anything to do with the Pioneer core, I have been
          > reading up on them as best I can, Roland has an excellent hand out
          > about them but I want to know more. So if there are any books that you
          > can think of that deal with the Pioneer let me know!
          >
          > Nate Bertrand
          > 41st Pioneer
          > 4151

        • Nate Bertrand
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 25, 2008
            I am interested in the pioneers of 1812, those raised from each company, they were used by the Royal engineers and could be part of the Royal Sappers and Miners, I am just trying to learn more of them, I will take a look at the article which you suggested, do you have an idea where I might find the old tradition magazine? would it be on line or in libraries?

            Thanks
            Nate
            4151

            To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 25, 2008
              Nate,

              If you are going to be at Niagara I have a couple of articles I can bring
              along for you to read.

              JG/RE

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 25, 2008
                I am hoping to be there, although I may only be day tripping, if I am going I will let you know closer to the day.

                Nate

                To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com