Re: The "Turncoat"

  • Craig Williams
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2000
      When Rich Baldino of Philadelphia was asked why he portrayed a British
      Redcoat by Good Morning America, he replied, and I quote
      "Anyone can wrap a towel around his head and call himself a rebel."

      His point is of course rude and over-made but I kinda' like it!

      God Save the King!
      Craig
    • Scott Jeznach
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2000
        >When Rich Baldino of Philadelphia was asked why he portrayed a British
        >Redcoat by Good Morning America, he replied, and I quote
        >"Anyone can wrap a towel around his head and call himself a rebel."
        >
        >His point is of course rude and over-made but I kinda' like it!
        >
        >God Save the King!
        > Craig

        Not to mention, this is so out of character for Baldino to be that blunt and
        opinionated.

        Scott J
        Royal Marines
      • NINETY3RD@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2000
          Here's another off the Revlist------

          From: John Fraser <jfraser@...>

          As a re-enactor of a private soldier in the 71st regiment, I am frequently
          asked why a free American citizen of the 21st century would willingly
          portray a British soldier of the 18th century. The question is often asked
          in very impolite terms, including suggestions that we are somehow "English".

          Within the ranks of the 71st, I have heard many reasons given for our
          portrayal. The explanation that seems best to me is simply stated:

          We portray professional soldiers in the British army of the 18th century to
          demonstrate the huge price the American (and French) forces paid for our
          latter-day freedoms. We demonstrate the valor of the Continental Army, the
          colonial militia, and others by portraying the zealous professionals of the
          British army who were defeated only by great sacrifice.

          RevList - http://www.meridian.com/revlist/