The "Turncoat"

  • NINETY3RD@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2000
      I'd like to offer this post from the Revlist up on this list, as it in many
      ways pertains to a number of us in the 1812 period as well.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2000
        When Rich Baldino of Philadelphia was asked why he portrayed a British
        Redcoat by Good Morning America, he replied, and I quote
        "Anyone can wrap a towel around his head and call himself a rebel."

        His point is of course rude and over-made but I kinda' like it!

        God Save the King!
        Craig
      • Scott Jeznach
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2000
          >When Rich Baldino of Philadelphia was asked why he portrayed a British
          >Redcoat by Good Morning America, he replied, and I quote
          >"Anyone can wrap a towel around his head and call himself a rebel."
          >
          >His point is of course rude and over-made but I kinda' like it!
          >
          >God Save the King!
          > Craig

          Not to mention, this is so out of character for Baldino to be that blunt and
          opinionated.

          Scott J
          Royal Marines
        • NINETY3RD@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2000
            Here's another off the Revlist------

            From: John Fraser <jfraser@...>

            As a re-enactor of a private soldier in the 71st regiment, I am frequently
            asked why a free American citizen of the 21st century would willingly
            portray a British soldier of the 18th century. The question is often asked
            in very impolite terms, including suggestions that we are somehow "English".

            Within the ranks of the 71st, I have heard many reasons given for our
            portrayal. The explanation that seems best to me is simply stated:

            We portray professional soldiers in the British army of the 18th century to
            demonstrate the huge price the American (and French) forces paid for our
            latter-day freedoms. We demonstrate the valor of the Continental Army, the
            colonial militia, and others by portraying the zealous professionals of the
            British army who were defeated only by great sacrifice.

            RevList - http://www.meridian.com/revlist/