Re: HTF and new year- (honk!) (yippee!)

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2000
      At 04:03 PM 12/31/99 EST, you wrote:
      >illustrated in Matthew, Chapter 22, v 3-6. >>
      >Or perhaps like that in Surah XVI (The Bee) v 29.

      Ladies and Gentlemen,

      A happy and most prosperous new year to you all.

      As I read the last group of posts, this morning, my mind went back in time
      a bit. I was reminded of one of many lessons taught to all NCO's, before
      entering into the Sgts. Mess.

      MWO George Crozier was our QMSMI (Quarter Master Sargeant Major
      Instructor,) and I have very fond memories of that time. The QMSMI would
      be the modern equivalent to our historical School Master Sargeant. His job
      was to instruct new NCO's in proper behaviour, etiquette, dress and
      deportment, etc. Historicaly he might also be tasked with teaching NCO's
      how to read and write.

      Ah! My point? The lesson, yes. I shall sum it up a quickly as possible.

      Within the confines of the Sargeants Mess, no member or his guest will be
      ecouraged or inclined to discuss the following taboo subjects.

      1. Other members wives, female companions or aquaintances.
      2. Politics.
      3. Religion.

      Now having said this, I have almost brought a close to my investigation of
      military chaplains during the War of 1812 and Nepoleonic era. Dare I say
      more, and risk the scorching of flames like a heritic? Or should I sit
      quietly by, and share my meager conclusions in personal conversation only?

      I am ducking down now, so you may fire when ready! (grin)

      YMH&OS
      Jas. Keigher
      CCV, Thunder Bay
    • BritcomHMP@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2000
        In a message dated 1/1/2000 6:55:08 AM Central Standard Time,
        jim@... writes:

        << Within the confines of the Sargeants Mess, no member or his guest will be
        ecouraged or inclined to discuss the following taboo subjects.

        1. Other members wives, female companions or aquaintances.
        2. Politics.
        3. Religion. >>

        That's the sort of thing that happens when plots are hatched to replace
        monarchs who form fine armies with Dutch usurpers who get their comeuppance
        by (a) not having any heirs and (b) riding over ground with moles in
        residence.

        Talk of ladies is not very advisable at any time :-)

      • Easeufe@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2000
          In a message dated 1/1/00 7:55:23 AM Eastern Standard Time, jim@...
          writes:

          << Now having said this, I have almost brought a close to my investigation of
          military chaplains during the War of 1812 and Nepoleonic era. >>

          Share away but take Tim's advice.

          Ed
          LCpl/RM
        • Len Heidebrecht
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2000
            Oh Publish and be damned! Oh Sorry, wrong, war... er Torpedos?... met the enemy?....Tora Tora Tora ?....This Century will be our Century.... no, thats not right either...
            --

            On Sat, 1 Jan 2000 23:31:11 Easeufe wrote:
            >From: Easeufe@...
            >
            >In a message dated 1/1/00 7:55:23 AM Eastern Standard Time, jim@...
            >writes:
            >
            ><< Now having said this, I have almost brought a close to my investigation of
            > military chaplains during the War of 1812 and Nepoleonic era. >>
            >
            >Share away but take Tim's advice.
            >
            >Ed
            >LCpl/RM
            >
            >>The War of 1812: In Europe, thousands fought over the fate of hundreds of square miles: in North America, hundreds determined the fate of THOUSANDS of square miles...

            HotBot - Search smarter.
            http://www.hotbot.com