1812 Stoney Creek Thank You

  • Susan Spencer
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 9 4:58 AM
      Tremendous thanks to everyone who turned out for Stoney Creek this past
      weekend! Tom's being his usual understated self when he describes the
      weekend as "warm" - given that we were wearing polar fleece on Wednesday
      evening when laying out the camps, the sudden snap to 30+ temperatures
      (C) and high humidity on Friday morning was a more than a bit of a shock
      to the system!

      But all in all, it was a stunning weekend. I had several opportunities
      to watch both the Crown Forces and those of the Noble Opposition on the
      march to the field, and I have to say that you looked wonderful. So
      many of you have once again made those little upgrades to your
      impression over the winter - I was very impressed, and so was the
      public. I spent a lot of time answering questions this weekend, and the
      spectators were totally jazzed on the whole event. Those who had been
      coming for years really appreciated the differences in the battle
      scenarios this year, as well as the changes and additions to the camp
      life activities. They commented particularly on how gregarious all the
      reenactors were - how friendly and forthcoming with answers to questions
      and offers of demonstrations and explanations everyone was. Thank you
      so much, everyone, for pitching in and helping with all of that!!!

      As always, we would love to hear any feedback and suggestions that you
      might have on how to make the event better next year. Please feel free
      to forward your comments to Susan Ramsay, Curator of Battlefield House,
      at battlefield@.... We will be having a post-event roundup
      meeting in the very near future and would love to include your input as
      we begin the planning for next year.

      In closing -- on a more personal note, a huge thank you to everyone who
      helped me out after my little incident on Friday, and who checked in on
      (and watched over) me over the rest of the weekend. I was very touched
      by your concern - and by all of the donations of Gatorade and water that
      appeared! Yet another demonstration of how this great community of ours
      pulls together when one of us goes down.

      And now, on down the road! I'm off to F&I for a month or so, but shall
      look forward to seeing you at Niagara!

      Cheers,
      -- Sioux