RE: 1812 Fw: CELEBRATE NEW STAR-SPANGLED TRAIL

  • mimathews@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2008
      And the last two words of my National Anthem?

      -

      -

      -

      - (keep scrolling down)

      -

      -

      -

      -

      PLAY BALL!

      --
      A Truism - For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

      From: "Kevin Windsor" <kevin.windsor@...>
      But just think Ed, if the British hadn't bombed the Fort, and been a group
      that likes to sing really loud drinking songs you wouldn't have a cool
      national anthem to sing at sporting events!

      So this year at defenders day, please don't boo the Brits. . . thank them.

      KW/89

      (tongue firmly planted in cheek!!)

      _____

      From: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com [mailto:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of Ed Seufert

      A desultory bombardment overseen by a lackadaisical commander does
      not a battle make. If you want to equate it as such, then yes, it
      was a fireworks show to draw attention away from the main assault at
      Hampstead Hill.

    • whittakermp
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2008
        In regard to "And the last two words of my National Anthem?" and to
        speculate on history, what if Congreve's rockets had been more
        accurate, the flag not there, but the Brits sailed off anyway? What
        lyrics to what suitable drinking song then?

        Michael Whittaker