FW: Brantford's 200th Anniversary of 1812 War

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2008
      ==============================
      "1812 FORCES NORTH AMERICA"

      Unit Commanders

      Please Inform your Members

      ==============================

      I forward the following

      L. Lozon ~ AdC
      Crown Forces North America

      ==============================

      The 200th Anniversary of 1812 has been embraced by Brantford, Brant
      County and Six Nations. Our community is poised, along with many
      other cities in Ontario to feature events that took place in our
      vicinity. The United States is also participating in this celebration
      along all the border towns.

      Real People's History is a web site dedicated to the promotion of
      Canadian history as well as that of the Six Nations not only during
      the War of 1812 but also around the American Revolution. This is done
      through our re-enactment membership and through supported education
      curriculum programs.

      Our Butlers Rangers will be moving into 1812 garb (Caldwell's
      Rangers) to support all the events possible as well as through our
      portrayal of the U.S. 16th.

      Fact:

      Oct. 1814 McArthur's mounted troops rode into Six Nations Territory
      along the Grand River making it the deepest penetration ever by U.S.
      military during the entire war.

      I have just been approved as a link to Canadian Museum of
      Civilization, here's their quote: (I have visited the Real People's
      History site and can tell you that links to your Butlers Rangers
      History and Six Nations History pages will fit well within the
      criteria governing the Canadian Museum of Civilization links
      directory)

      We would very much like to exchange links and support your venues as
      well as create more awareness for ours.

      Kindest regards,

      Zig Misiak
      zig(at)realpeopleshistory.com