Re: 1812 Re: Bond (OT)

  • Dennis McMahon,Esq.
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 4, 2008
      I am so grateful for this site. I may not have the opportunity to contribute often but it
      is chock full of useful information and commentary. While I am working on some
      film projects of my own, I was wondering if any War of 1812 sagas were in the wind.
      Best to all.

      Dale Kidd <ucpm_gunner@...> wrote:
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "John Ogden" <johnjogden@...> wrote:
      The screenwriters are just scrambling
      > to convert any scrap of plot into another movie, sort of like
      every Bond
      > film made after 1975.

      On that note, I just read a magazine article stating that another Bond
      novel has been written by an acclaimed UK author, with the blessing of
      the Fleming estate. Unlike Ian Gardner's efforts in the 80's and 90's,
      this one makes no attempt to "update" Bond to modern times, but is set
      in 1967. The plot apparently revolves around a drug czar.

      I look forward to checking it out.

      ~Dale

      Dennis McMahon, Esq. 72 Murray Street Burlington, Vermont 05401 (802)657-3261 (802) 310-5556