Re: 1812 Re: Bond (OT)

  • John Ogden
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 4, 2008
      I also heard something about this on NPR last week (I was a bit distracted
      at the time, having other issues on my mind). I also look forward to this
      approach. Fleming's Bond was much less fantastic or high-tech than the
      movie version, based largely on Fleming's own experiences as a spy during
      the Second World War.

      --
      John J. Ogden
      Hanley School of Law

      Madison, June 20, 1785

    • Dennis McMahon,Esq.
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 4, 2008
        I am so grateful for this site. I may not have the opportunity to contribute often but it
        is chock full of useful information and commentary. While I am working on some
        film projects of my own, I was wondering if any War of 1812 sagas were in the wind.
        Best to all.

        Dale Kidd <ucpm_gunner@...> wrote:
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "John Ogden" <johnjogden@...> wrote:
        The screenwriters are just scrambling
        > to convert any scrap of plot into another movie, sort of like
        every Bond
        > film made after 1975.

        On that note, I just read a magazine article stating that another Bond
        novel has been written by an acclaimed UK author, with the blessing of
        the Fleming estate. Unlike Ian Gardner's efforts in the 80's and 90's,
        this one makes no attempt to "update" Bond to modern times, but is set
        in 1967. The plot apparently revolves around a drug czar.

        I look forward to checking it out.

        ~Dale

        Dennis McMahon, Esq. 72 Murray Street Burlington, Vermont 05401 (802)657-3261 (802) 310-5556