FYI

  • Dennis McMahon,Esq.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4 7:17 AM
      The following is a copy of a letter to Gov. Jim Douglas. Best regards. Dennis
      McMahon.

      Governor Jim Douglas
      Montpelier, Vermont

      Dear Governor Douglas:

      Reference is made to correspondence regarding my proposal for an early establishment
      of a Vermont War of 1812 Bicentennial Commission and the attendant benefits of
      such efforts.

      I enclose herewith information received from the office of Ontario Premier Dalton
      McGuinty regarding War of 1812 Bicentennial funding efforts there.

      I thought this may be of interest and is also supportive of my recommendations for
      early official Vermont involvement so as to benefit from various potential
      international and interstate tourism, educational ane economic development projects.

      With every good wish, I remain

      Very truly yours,

      Dennis McMahon

      cc: Lt. Governor Brian Dubie

      Subject: War of 1812
      Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 11:30:15 -0400
      From: "Rimmington, Alan (MTR)" <Alan.Rimmington@...>
      To: <dennismcmahon110@...>

      Dear Mr. Mcmahon
      Further to your enquiry sent to Premier McGuinty, please go to the following link for the news release about War of 1812 Bicentennial funding:
      http://www.tourism.gov.on.ca/english/about/n140208.htm
      Two contacts for you in the Eastern Ontario & 1000 Islands Region are:
      Blair Harris
      Tourism Industry Advisor
      Regional Services Branch
      Ontario Ministry of Tourism
      Ontario Government Building
      51 Heakes Lane
      Kingston ON K7M 9B1
      Tel: (613)-5315581
      blair.harris@...
      Gary DeYoung
      1000 Islands Marketing Partnership
      (315) 482 2520 X11
      Both are very involved with the 1000 Islands/St. Lawrence River Binational War of 1812 Bicentennial initiative.
      Yours truly,
      Alan

      Alan Rimmington
      Senior Consultant
      Investment & Development Office
      Ministry of Tourism
      (416) 325 8866
      alan.rimmington@...

      Dennis McMahon, Esq. 72 Murray Street Burlington, Vermont 05401 (802)657-3261 (802) 310-5556

      Dennis McMahon, Esq. 72 Murray Street Burlington, Vermont 05401 (802)657-3261 (802) 310-5556

    • Soo
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5 4:29 PM
        The following website has all sorts of information & videos of British ceremonial:
        http://pageantry35644.yuku.com/directory

        Gives you an insight into "why".

        Sue Too