Re: 1812 Hakeswell's back

  • John Ogden
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2008
      Well, the basic issue here is that this epic is an amalgam of the novels set
      in India that were supposed to take place before the Peninsular Campaign
      (ie: before Hakeswill's execution). The screenwriters are just scrambling
      to convert any scrap of plot into another movie, sort of like every Bond
      film made after 1975.

      On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Vince Wilding <vince@...>
      wrote:

> [...]

      John J. Ogden
      Hanley School of Law
      Duquesne University
      Class of 2011

      Madison, June 20, 1785

    • Dale Kidd
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 4, 2008
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "John Ogden" <johnjogden@...> wrote:
        The screenwriters are just scrambling
        > to convert any scrap of plot into another movie, sort of like
        every Bond
        > film made after 1975.

        On that note, I just read a magazine article stating that another Bond
        novel has been written by an acclaimed UK author, with the blessing of
        the Fleming estate. Unlike Ian Gardner's efforts in the 80's and 90's,
        this one makes no attempt to "update" Bond to modern times, but is set
        in 1967. The plot apparently revolves around a drug czar.

        I look forward to checking it out.

        ~Dale
      • John Ogden
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 4, 2008
          I also heard something about this on NPR last week (I was a bit distracted
          at the time, having other issues on my mind). I also look forward to this
          approach. Fleming's Bond was much less fantastic or high-tech than the
          movie version, based largely on Fleming's own experiences as a spy during
          the Second World War.

          --
          John J. Ogden
          Hanley School of Law

          Madison, June 20, 1785

        • Dennis McMahon,Esq.
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 4, 2008
            I am so grateful for this site. I may not have the opportunity to contribute often but it
            is chock full of useful information and commentary. While I am working on some
            film projects of my own, I was wondering if any War of 1812 sagas were in the wind.
            Best to all.

            Dale Kidd <ucpm_gunner@...> wrote:
            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "John Ogden" <johnjogden@...> wrote:
            The screenwriters are just scrambling
            > to convert any scrap of plot into another movie, sort of like
            every Bond
            > film made after 1975.

            On that note, I just read a magazine article stating that another Bond
            novel has been written by an acclaimed UK author, with the blessing of
            the Fleming estate. Unlike Ian Gardner's efforts in the 80's and 90's,
            this one makes no attempt to "update" Bond to modern times, but is set
            in 1967. The plot apparently revolves around a drug czar.

            I look forward to checking it out.

            ~Dale

            Dennis McMahon, Esq. 72 Murray Street Burlington, Vermont 05401 (802)657-3261 (802) 310-5556