Re: 1812 Hakeswell's back

  • mimathews@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2008
      ALL RIGHT! That alone might make me seek it out what will most likley otherwise be a dog. Certainly one of my favorite villain characters.

      Thanks,
      Michael

      --
      A Truism - For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

      From: Ray Hobbs <ray.hobbs@...>
      List:
      i could not resist. I was browsing through the IMDB website looking at
      information on the latest Sharpe film - "Sharpe's Peril", and lo and
      behold, a character called Corporal Barabbas Hakeswell makes an
      appearance.
      Now, he is played by an Indian actor, Amit Behl, so I suspect he is an
      illegitimate offspring of the notorious sergeant during his time in
      India.
      Like father like son, I wonder?
      Now back to more serious stuff.....
      Yrs etc.
      Ray H
      41st

    • Vince Wilding
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2008

        From: Ray Hobbs <ray.hobbs@...>

        Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 17:16:01
        To:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: 1812 Hakeswell's back

        List:
        i could not resist. I was browsing through the IMDB website looking at
        information on the latest Sharpe film - "Sharpe's Peril", and lo and
        behold, a character called Corporal Barabbas Hakeswell makes an
        appearance.
        Now, he is played by an Indian actor, Amit Behl, so I suspect he is an
        illegitimate offspring of the notorious sergeant during his time in
        India.
        Like father like son, I wonder?
        Now back to more serious stuff.....
        Yrs etc.
        Ray H
        41st

        ------------------------------------

        War of 1812 Living History:
        A wide-ranging information exchange
        for all participants and supporters

        Crown Forces Unit Listing:
        http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
        American Forces Unit Listing
        http://usforces1812.tripod.com

        WAR OF 1812 EVENTS LIST:
      • Vince Wilding
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2008
          Apologies, L&G!

          You've officially been "butt e'mailed"!

          From: "Vince Wilding" <vince@...>

          Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 22:05:45
          To:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: 1812 Hakeswell's back

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 3, 2008
            Well, the basic issue here is that this epic is an amalgam of the novels set
            in India that were supposed to take place before the Peninsular Campaign
            (ie: before Hakeswill's execution). The screenwriters are just scrambling
            to convert any scrap of plot into another movie, sort of like every Bond
            film made after 1975.

            On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Vince Wilding <vince@...>
            wrote:

> [...]

            John J. Ogden
            Hanley School of Law
            Duquesne University
            Class of 2011

            Madison, June 20, 1785

          • Dale Kidd
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 4, 2008
              --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "John Ogden" <johnjogden@...> wrote:
              The screenwriters are just scrambling
              > to convert any scrap of plot into another movie, sort of like
              every Bond
              > film made after 1975.

              On that note, I just read a magazine article stating that another Bond
              novel has been written by an acclaimed UK author, with the blessing of
              the Fleming estate. Unlike Ian Gardner's efforts in the 80's and 90's,
              this one makes no attempt to "update" Bond to modern times, but is set
              in 1967. The plot apparently revolves around a drug czar.

              I look forward to checking it out.

              ~Dale
            • John Ogden
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 4, 2008
                I also heard something about this on NPR last week (I was a bit distracted
                at the time, having other issues on my mind). I also look forward to this
                approach. Fleming's Bond was much less fantastic or high-tech than the
                movie version, based largely on Fleming's own experiences as a spy during
                the Second World War.

                --
                John J. Ogden
                Hanley School of Law

                Madison, June 20, 1785

              • Dennis McMahon,Esq.
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 4, 2008
                  I am so grateful for this site. I may not have the opportunity to contribute often but it
                  is chock full of useful information and commentary. While I am working on some
                  film projects of my own, I was wondering if any War of 1812 sagas were in the wind.
                  Best to all.

                  Dale Kidd <ucpm_gunner@...> wrote:
                  --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "John Ogden" <johnjogden@...> wrote:
                  The screenwriters are just scrambling
                  > to convert any scrap of plot into another movie, sort of like
                  every Bond
                  > film made after 1975.

                  On that note, I just read a magazine article stating that another Bond
                  novel has been written by an acclaimed UK author, with the blessing of
                  the Fleming estate. Unlike Ian Gardner's efforts in the 80's and 90's,
                  this one makes no attempt to "update" Bond to modern times, but is set
                  in 1967. The plot apparently revolves around a drug czar.

                  I look forward to checking it out.

                  ~Dale

                  Dennis McMahon, Esq. 72 Murray Street Burlington, Vermont 05401 (802)657-3261 (802) 310-5556