Hakeswell's back

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2008
      List:
      i could not resist. I was browsing through the IMDB website looking at
      information on the latest Sharpe film - "Sharpe's Peril", and lo and
      behold, a character called Corporal Barabbas Hakeswell makes an
      appearance.
      Now, he is played by an Indian actor, Amit Behl, so I suspect he is an
      illegitimate offspring of the notorious sergeant during his time in
      India.
      Like father like son, I wonder?
      Now back to more serious stuff.....
      Yrs etc.
      Ray H
      41st
    • mimathews@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2008
        ALL RIGHT! That alone might make me seek it out what will most likley otherwise be a dog. Certainly one of my favorite villain characters.

        Thanks,
        Michael

        --
        A Truism - For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 3, 2008

          From: Ray Hobbs <ray.hobbs@...>

          Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 17:16:01
          To:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: 1812 Hakeswell's back

          List:
          i could not resist. I was browsing through the IMDB website looking at
          information on the latest Sharpe film - "Sharpe's Peril", and lo and
          behold, a character called Corporal Barabbas Hakeswell makes an
          appearance.
          Now, he is played by an Indian actor, Amit Behl, so I suspect he is an
          illegitimate offspring of the notorious sergeant during his time in
          India.
          Like father like son, I wonder?
          Now back to more serious stuff.....
          Yrs etc.
          Ray H
          41st

          ------------------------------------

          War of 1812 Living History:
          A wide-ranging information exchange
          for all participants and supporters

          Crown Forces Unit Listing:
          http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
          American Forces Unit Listing
          http://usforces1812.tripod.com

          WAR OF 1812 EVENTS LIST:
        • Vince Wilding
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 3, 2008
            Apologies, L&G!

            You've officially been "butt e'mailed"!

            From: "Vince Wilding" <vince@...>

            Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 22:05:45
            To:WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: Re: 1812 Hakeswell's back

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 3, 2008
              Well, the basic issue here is that this epic is an amalgam of the novels set
              in India that were supposed to take place before the Peninsular Campaign
              (ie: before Hakeswill's execution). The screenwriters are just scrambling
              to convert any scrap of plot into another movie, sort of like every Bond
              film made after 1975.

              On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Vince Wilding <vince@...>
              wrote:

> [...]

              John J. Ogden
              Hanley School of Law
              Duquesne University
              Class of 2011

              Madison, June 20, 1785

            • Dale Kidd
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 4, 2008
                --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "John Ogden" <johnjogden@...> wrote:
                The screenwriters are just scrambling
                > to convert any scrap of plot into another movie, sort of like
                every Bond
                > film made after 1975.

                On that note, I just read a magazine article stating that another Bond
                novel has been written by an acclaimed UK author, with the blessing of
                the Fleming estate. Unlike Ian Gardner's efforts in the 80's and 90's,
                this one makes no attempt to "update" Bond to modern times, but is set
                in 1967. The plot apparently revolves around a drug czar.

                I look forward to checking it out.

                ~Dale
              • John Ogden
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 4, 2008
                  I also heard something about this on NPR last week (I was a bit distracted
                  at the time, having other issues on my mind). I also look forward to this
                  approach. Fleming's Bond was much less fantastic or high-tech than the
                  movie version, based largely on Fleming's own experiences as a spy during
                  the Second World War.

                  --
                  John J. Ogden
                  Hanley School of Law

                  Madison, June 20, 1785

                • Dennis McMahon,Esq.
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 4, 2008
                    I am so grateful for this site. I may not have the opportunity to contribute often but it
                    is chock full of useful information and commentary. While I am working on some
                    film projects of my own, I was wondering if any War of 1812 sagas were in the wind.
                    Best to all.

                    Dale Kidd <ucpm_gunner@...> wrote:
                    --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "John Ogden" <johnjogden@...> wrote:
                    The screenwriters are just scrambling
                    > to convert any scrap of plot into another movie, sort of like
                    every Bond
                    > film made after 1975.

                    On that note, I just read a magazine article stating that another Bond
                    novel has been written by an acclaimed UK author, with the blessing of
                    the Fleming estate. Unlike Ian Gardner's efforts in the 80's and 90's,
                    this one makes no attempt to "update" Bond to modern times, but is set
                    in 1967. The plot apparently revolves around a drug czar.

                    I look forward to checking it out.

                    ~Dale

                    Dennis McMahon, Esq. 72 Murray Street Burlington, Vermont 05401 (802)657-3261 (802) 310-5556