Simcoe Squadron Weekend

  • Bryan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2008
      I just wanted to congratulate
      LT Thomas Hurlbut and his crew
      on a most wonderful weekend where
      we could work on our Ship board skills and
      play with our shore bound breatherin at the
      same time. We usually have a great time
      and this time was no exception. The inclusion
      of the Sea Scouts was a nice addition and they
      all had fin naval uniforms also. (Thank-you Dana
      and Hunter).

      As Usual Lt Hurbut filled his excellent weather
      requisition and we had terrific winds for the
      sail to Beaverton and a great pleasant ride back
      on a smooth Sunday Sail return.

      The music and singing of the many talented
      folk who were there was a nice addition to
      the Saturday night celebrations of our crossing.

      For any who have not attended this event you
      are missing a very nice event and if I overheard
      the correct conversations it will inclued shore
      landings and land battles this coming year, (Check
      with Lt Hurbut)

      Once again thank-you Simcoe Squadron for a awesome
      weekend where we had a terriffic time!

      PS If anyone has any photos please e-mail them to me
      as out purser seems to have felt the need to wash his
      camera in the clean waters of Lake Simcoe. Especially
      those of the FERRET UNDER SAIL, thank-you.

      Bryan Michenfelder
      Warranted Gunner
      H.M.Schooner Ferret
      And the Waterloo Draft