HTF and new year- (honk!) (yippee!)

  • Donald DuCote
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 1999
      From: "Larry Lozon" <lalozon@...>
      Subject: asking about HTF
      Does any one know
      who the HTF Company is,
      what the HTF Company is
      and
      where the HTF Company located ?
      Who runs this company ?!?!

      I just want to know ...........
      1. Who is making the models ?
      2. Where is the model Company ?
      3. Who owns the model Company ?

      I do not want to subscribe to another
      Historic Rag as my Mailman will kill me !
      AND, my computer cannot hold another
      List subscription!
      SOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo
      Does any one
      (the guys who started this conversation)
      know the answers to
      the questions above ........
      I have asked these questions FOUR (4) times !
      The damned world will blow up at Midnight Dec 31st
      and I still won't know ...........

      Larry? Larry.....? The world is NOT going to end here with us.
      Have faith and a bit of patience until the info page is at the HTF website.
      Then the list will get the invite, although I expect a reaction like that
      illustrated in Matthew, Chapter 22, v 3-6.

      Hubris:
      There was a guy who, for many years, spoke doing a Bible study on "Family
      Radio". He predicted with great seriousness and carefulness in which year the
      world would end. He wrote a book about it. He had his whole life's reputation
      on the prediction, and he really didn't even want to tell others of it but ego
      could not hold it back. The target year - 1994.
      Yes, he was disgraced.
      We can look back on history and find many, many "chicken little"s, some with
      much better cause than recent events or a Gregorian calander's even number.
      So worry not.
      Except, of course, every computer on Earth will explode at EXACTLY the same
      Zulu time.

      Just kidding.

      They'll all explode at the same LOCAL time.
      "What about the little bull? (Merrill Lynch commercial)"

      Happy New Millenium (eventho its still the old one, but how often do you see 3
      digits change?).

      Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://webmail.netscape.com
    • NINETY3RD@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 31, 1999
        In a message dated 31/12/1999 9:16:54 AM, htftoys@... writes:

        << Then the list will get the invite, although I expect a reaction like that
        illustrated in Matthew, Chapter 22, v 3-6. >>

        Or perhaps like that in Surah XVI (The Bee) v 29.
      • Jim
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2000
          At 04:03 PM 12/31/99 EST, you wrote:
          >illustrated in Matthew, Chapter 22, v 3-6. >>
          >Or perhaps like that in Surah XVI (The Bee) v 29.

          Ladies and Gentlemen,

          A happy and most prosperous new year to you all.

          As I read the last group of posts, this morning, my mind went back in time
          a bit. I was reminded of one of many lessons taught to all NCO's, before
          entering into the Sgts. Mess.

          MWO George Crozier was our QMSMI (Quarter Master Sargeant Major
          Instructor,) and I have very fond memories of that time. The QMSMI would
          be the modern equivalent to our historical School Master Sargeant. His job
          was to instruct new NCO's in proper behaviour, etiquette, dress and
          deportment, etc. Historicaly he might also be tasked with teaching NCO's
          how to read and write.

          Ah! My point? The lesson, yes. I shall sum it up a quickly as possible.

          Within the confines of the Sargeants Mess, no member or his guest will be
          ecouraged or inclined to discuss the following taboo subjects.

          1. Other members wives, female companions or aquaintances.
          2. Politics.
          3. Religion.

          Now having said this, I have almost brought a close to my investigation of
          military chaplains during the War of 1812 and Nepoleonic era. Dare I say
          more, and risk the scorching of flames like a heritic? Or should I sit
          quietly by, and share my meager conclusions in personal conversation only?

          I am ducking down now, so you may fire when ready! (grin)

          YMH&OS
          Jas. Keigher
          CCV, Thunder Bay
        • BritcomHMP@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 1, 2000
            In a message dated 1/1/2000 6:55:08 AM Central Standard Time,
            jim@... writes:

            << Within the confines of the Sargeants Mess, no member or his guest will be
            ecouraged or inclined to discuss the following taboo subjects.

            1. Other members wives, female companions or aquaintances.
            2. Politics.
            3. Religion. >>

            That's the sort of thing that happens when plots are hatched to replace
            monarchs who form fine armies with Dutch usurpers who get their comeuppance
            by (a) not having any heirs and (b) riding over ground with moles in
            residence.

            Talk of ladies is not very advisable at any time :-)

          • Easeufe@xxx.xxx
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 1, 2000
              In a message dated 1/1/00 7:55:23 AM Eastern Standard Time, jim@...
              writes:

              << Now having said this, I have almost brought a close to my investigation of
              military chaplains during the War of 1812 and Nepoleonic era. >>

              Share away but take Tim's advice.

              Ed
              LCpl/RM
            • Len Heidebrecht
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 2, 2000
                Oh Publish and be damned! Oh Sorry, wrong, war... er Torpedos?... met the enemy?....Tora Tora Tora ?....This Century will be our Century.... no, thats not right either...
                --

                On Sat, 1 Jan 2000 23:31:11 Easeufe wrote:
                >From: Easeufe@...
                >
                >In a message dated 1/1/00 7:55:23 AM Eastern Standard Time, jim@...
                >writes:
                >
                ><< Now having said this, I have almost brought a close to my investigation of
                > military chaplains during the War of 1812 and Nepoleonic era. >>
                >
                >Share away but take Tim's advice.
                >
                >Ed
                >LCpl/RM
                >
                >>The War of 1812: In Europe, thousands fought over the fate of hundreds of square miles: in North America, hundreds determined the fate of THOUSANDS of square miles...

                HotBot - Search smarter.
                http://www.hotbot.com