Longwoods Drill Competition

  • Tom Fournier
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2008
      Congratulations to this year's winner of the drill competition; the
      Royal Scots Light Company.

      While the field was reduced this year, their performance was still
      superlative and demonstrated championship form that would have stood
      up amongst a much larger field.

      We were honoured to have the oppportunity to compete against such an
      outstanding company.

      To all who have ever considered the drill competition; please do not
      worry about whether you have your best available or if you may not
      have the opportunity to win. Our attitude was to enter with what we
      had available and to do the best that we could.

      To me, this is a wonderful opportunity to demonstrate the skill level
      of all of the groups within our hobby. The more groups that
      participate, the more impressive the spectacle. We are never perfect
      and have our mistakes to mull over but it is sure a great test and a
      great military experience to compete in a unique fashion.

      Thank you to the Royal Scots Lights for organizing this competition.
      It is nice to have a training goal through the winter and the varying
      of the competition elements from year to year have helped us develop
      new skills that we can use each campaign season.

      Wherever and whenever the next competion is, count us in! We may not
      win but we sure have fun preparing and competing.

      Your most humble and obedient Servant,

      Tom Fournier, Captain
      41st Regiment of Foot