GT2008 Flying

  • LCpl_rm
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2008
      List,

      Several folks have queried about flying to the Grand Tactical this year and I offer the following observations.

      Washington DC has three major airports: Dulles, which is to the west; Reagan (or National), near Arlington across the Potomac from the city; and Baltimore-Washington (BWI), which is northeast between DC and Baltimore. Of the three I feel that BWI would be your best bet as it is easier to travel south to southern Maryland than having to run the gauntlet of the Washington area beltway. Dulles and Reagan will both require driving on some of the most congested roads in the nation and Friday afternoons are usually worse than normal.

      BWI is about 65 miles from Jeff-Patt which can be covered in less than an hour and a half. Besides, for those flying in for Ft McHenry, BWI has easy access to I-95 and Baltimore.

      Both Air Canada and British Airways fly into BWI. Please see http://www.bwiairport.com/ for more information.

      Cheers,

      Ed Seufert, Cpl
      1812 Royal Marines