1st May 1769

  • Peter Catley
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2008
      Today marks the 239th anniversary of the birth of Field Marshal Arthur
      Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington, KG, KP, GCB, GCH, PC, FRS.

      Please pause a moment to honour his memory and perhaps find the time
      to toast him and all those who served their countries in what we
      remember as the Napoleonic Wars.

      To the immortal memory to His Most Britannic Majesty's King George the
      Third's loyal servant.

      Peter Catley
      In-Pensioner, The Royal Hospital.

    • BritcomHMP@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2008
        In a message dated 5/1/2008 3:14:01 AM Central Daylight Time,
        peter.catley@... writes:

        To the immortal memory to His Most Britannic Majesty's King George the
        Third's loyal servant.

        I am Nimmukwalla . . . . That is I have eaten of the King's salt, and,
        therefore, I conceve it my duty to serve with unhesitating zeal and cheerfulness,
        when and wherever the King or his Government may think proper to employ me.

        Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington (while serving in India)

        listings at AOL Autos.