asking about HTF

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 30, 1999
      From: <scottj@...>
      There is a printed (on paper) version for those who care to subscribe.
      ----------
      From: <JGIL1812@...>

      there is a fee for the journal... go figure and you have to pay in
      US funds to boot? If you'd like a subscription I'll buy it for you.
      Let me know...
      Historic Rag as my Mailman will kill me !
      AND, my computer cannot hold another
      List subscription!

      SOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo

      Does any one
      (the guys who started this conversation)
      know the answers to
      the questions above ........

      I have asked these questions FOUR (4) times !

      The damned world will blow up at Midnight Dec 31st
      and I still won't know ...........
    • Christopher George
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 30, 1999
        Hi, Larry and all:

        Just to clarify, the Journal of the War of 1812 is a printed
        quarterly newsletter. There is no on-line version as yet. All are welcome to subscribe, even British re-enactors :-)

        I would also like to scotch the impression that either the Journal or the new Discussion group that I have started are meant to center on the Chesapeake. We may carry articles about the action in the Chesapeake, but I have intentionally set out to cover all aspects of the war. Thus, we have in the past covered Mississinewa with an article by Marty Lake, the Petersburg (Va.) Volunteers, the Siege of Fort Harrison, the "Thin Red Line" 93rd Highlanders, Choctaws at New Orleans, the Battle of Plattsburg, the Battle of Cook's Mill, journals by sailors including Ned Meyer's account of the loss of Hamilton and Scourge, USS Enterprize and Stephen Decatur at Tripoli, the loss of USS Adams in Maine, and so on. The upcoming Winter 2000 issue will cover Fort Ross (California), Canadian militia, and tobacco use in the era of the War of 1812.

        Now, as for HTF Toys, the proprietor of Heritage Toy Figures, Inc., is Mr. Donald L. DuCote, and his company is located in Gainesville, Florida. Again, as for any more specific queries about HTF Toys, Mr. Donald L. "Crazy" DuCote is the man to answer your queries.

        Over and out, and hope to see you all in 2000.

        Chris George
        Editor, Journal of the War of 1812
        http://www.cronab.demon.co.uk/jour.htm

        Larry:

        There is a printed (on paper) version for those who care to subscribe.

        Scott J.

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 31, 1999
          I'll help you oh great King of the North! (I always do!)

          In a message dated 30/12/1999 11:51:03 AM, lalozon@... writes:

          << I just want to know ...........

          1. Who is making the models ?

          The model maker!

          2. Where is the model Company ?

          At the place they make the models.

          3. Who owns the model Company ? >>

          The person that tells everyone else in the Company what to do.

          There! That should settle that!