Re: [War Of 1812] Re: Tent pegs (cheap??)

  • Bob Dorian
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 8, 2008
      HI John,

      I didn't know that. It ain't either! ;^)

      Bob

      John Ogden <johnjogden@...> wrote:
      Interestingly, Ballard WA ( a subdivision of Seattle) makes a similar claim
      as to being the center of the Universe. Signs visible as you enter the
      district advise you to set your clock back 5 minutes as you are now entering
      a new time zone. The district also features a larger-than-life-sized full
      length statue of Vladimir Lenin and a statue of a troll, located underneath
      a bridge.

      On 4/8/08, Bob Dorian <dancingbobd@...> wrote:

      > As it is established scientific fact that the Earth revolves around the
      > Sun, which is not the center of our galaxy, Toronto cannot be the "Centre of
      > the Universe"!!
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Bob Dorian
      > Independence, MO USA [Also NOT the center of the universe! ;^) ]
      >
      > Dave Westhouse <westhouse@... <westhouse%40sympatico.ca>> wrote:
      > Yes, Joe Arnold does do tent pegs. He does not live in the centre of
      > the universe however (Toronto). He is in orbit though in the middle
      > of nowhere (London).
      >
      > Dave.
      >
      > Re: Tent pegs (cheap??)
      >
      > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com <WarOf1812%40yahoogroups.com>, "peter
      > monahan" <petemonahan@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Can anyone on the list direct me to a smith who produces tent
      > pegs?
      > > Yes, the period inappropriate METAL ones, please and thanks.
      > >
      > > Ideally, for pickup or delivery in or near Toronto, Ontario,
      > Canada.
      > > (aka center of the known universe)
      > >
      > > Peter Monahan
      > > petemonahan@...
      > >
      > Peter,
      >
      > Joe Arnold from our group is a smith but I'm not sure if he does
      > pegs...Steve Hartwick has a forge too, not sure how busy he is these
      > days tho'...
      >
      > Kevin
      >
      > QM
      > 1st Grens

      John J. Ogden
      Hanley School of Law
      Duquesne University
      Class of 2011

      Madison, June 20, 1785

    • KILTONE@aol.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 8, 2008
        In a message dated 4/8/2008 1:45:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        kevingarrett@... writes:

        > Ah, but did you know that The TORONTO SUN, one of Canada's finest
        > skimpy-bikini- skimpy- skim skimpy skimpy-bikini-<WB
        > published from a building very close to the heart of the City?
        >
        > So, as Toronto revolves around The TORONTO SUN, and the rest of the
        > universe revolves around Toronto, we are both correct, sir!
        >
        > Yrs etc,
        >
        > Peter Monahan

        Sirs,

        I wish to point out that the Canandian Monahan gene pool is in no way
        coonected to the Ireland Monahan gene pool.

        YHS
        Michael Monahan

        Also M&Ms candies are really W & Ws

      • Peter Catley
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 8, 2008
          I'm pleased to humbly remind the honourable members that the CENTRE of
          the Universe is and will remain Eleanor's Cross at Charing Cross in
          London (the original not the one in ON) :-)

          Dispute resolved.

          The Pensioner
          Ward 9
          The Royal Hospital, Chelsea, very near the CENTRE of the Universe!

          On 9 Apr 2008, at 00:12, KILTONE@... wrote:

          > In a message dated 4/8/2008 1:45:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          > kevingarrett@... writes:
          >
          > > Ah, but did you know that The TORONTO SUN, one of Canada's finest
          > > skimpy-bikini- skimpy- skim skimpy skimpy-bikini-<WB
          > > published from a building very close to the heart of the City?
          > >
          > > So, as Toronto revolves around The TORONTO SUN, and the rest of the
          > > universe revolves around Toronto, we are both correct, sir!
          > >
          > > Yrs etc,
          > >
          > > Peter Monahan
          >
          > Sirs,
          >
          > I wish to point out that the Canandian Monahan gene pool is in no way
          > coonected to the Ireland Monahan gene pool.
          >
          > YHS
          > Michael Monahan
          >
          > Also M&Ms candies are really W & Ws
          >
          > **************Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel
          > Guides.
          > (http://travel.aol.com/travel-guide/united-states?ncid=aoltrv00030000000016
          > )

        • John Ogden
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 9, 2008
            A correction to my previous post: it is not Ballard, but rather Fremont, WA
            that has these features. My apologies to the Emerald City for my
            mis-recollection (I lived in Seattle for two years, having moved back east
            10 years ago at this point).

            http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/WASEAlenin.html

            As for center of the universe status, it's all subjective.

            John J. Ogden
            Hanley School of Law
            Duquesne University
            Class of 2011

            Madison, June 20, 1785

          • HAROLD DENNISON
            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 9, 2008
              I don't think there's much danger of London, Ont. being confused as the "centre of the universe" :)
              .......and I think we prefer it that way.

              Hal

              Peter Catley <peter.catley@...> wrote:
              I'm pleased to humbly remind the honourable members that the CENTRE of
              the Universe is and will remain Eleanor's Cross at Charing Cross in
              London (the original not the one in ON) :-)

              Dispute resolved.

              The Pensioner
              Ward 9
              The Royal Hospital, Chelsea, very near the CENTRE of the Universe!

              On 9 Apr 2008, at 00:12, KILTONE@... wrote:

              > In a message dated 4/8/2008 1:45:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
              > kevingarrett@... writes:
              >
              > > Ah, but did you know that The TORONTO SUN, one of Canada's finest
              > > skimpy-bikini- skimpy- skim skimpy skimpy-bikini-<WB
              > > published from a building very close to the heart of the City?
              > >
              > > So, as Toronto revolves around The TORONTO SUN, and the rest of the
              > > universe revolves around Toronto, we are both correct, sir!
              > >
              > > Yrs etc,
              > >
              > > Peter Monahan
              >
              > Sirs,
              >
              > I wish to point out that the Canandian Monahan gene pool is in no way
              > coonected to the Ireland Monahan gene pool.
              >
              > YHS
              > Michael Monahan
              >
              > Also M&Ms candies are really W & Ws
              >
              > **************Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel
              > Guides.
              > (http://travel.aol.com/travel-guide/united-states?ncid=aoltrv00030000000016
              > )

            • Paul Watson
              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 9, 2008
                About Toronto being the centre of the Universe,

                The difference is is that TO (or T Dot, Tronna, etc.)
                IS the centre of the Universe, just ask anyone from
                there. We other Ontarians believe that it is actually
                a bit further North, somewhere near a chip stand in
                Barrie. :~P

                Paul

              • Mark Dickerson
                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 10, 2008
                  Also known as Hogtown, the Big Smoke, the Ontario money pit..

                  About Toronto being the centre of the Universe,

                  The difference is is that TO (or T Dot, Tronna, etc.)

                  __

                • Ray Hobbs
                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 10, 2008
                    But Hal - if Simcoe had had his way, who knows what London might have
                    become :)
                    Ray
                    41st

                    On 9-Apr-08, at 3:39 PM, HAROLD DENNISON wrote:

                    > I don't think there's much danger of London, Ont. being confused as
                    > the "centre of the universe" :)
                    > .......and I think we prefer it that way.
                    >
                    > Hal
                    >

                    > Peter Catley <peter.catley@...> wrote:
                    > I'm pleased to humbly remind the honourable members that the CENTRE of
                    > the Universe is and will remain Eleanor's Cross at Charing Cross in
                    > London (the original not the one in ON) :-)
                    >
                    > Dispute resolved.
                    >
                    > The Pensioner
                    > Ward 9
                    > The Royal Hospital, Chelsea, very near the CENTRE of the Universe!
                    >
                    > On 9 Apr 2008, at 00:12, KILTONE@... wrote:
                    >

                    > > In a message dated 4/8/2008 1:45:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                    > > kevingarrett@... writes:
                    > >
                    > > > Ah, but did you know that The TORONTO SUN, one of Canada's finest
                    > > > skimpy-bikini- skimpy- skim skimpy skimpy-bikini-<WB
                    > > > published from a building very close to the heart of the City?
                    > > >
                    > > > So, as Toronto revolves around The TORONTO SUN, and the rest of
                    > the
                    > > > universe revolves around Toronto, we are both correct, sir!
                    > > >
                    > > > Yrs etc,
                    > > >
                    > > > Peter Monahan
                    > >
                    > > Sirs,
                    > >
                    > > I wish to point out that the Canandian Monahan gene pool is in no
                    > way
                    > > coonected to the Ireland Monahan gene pool.
                    > >
                    > > YHS
                    > > Michael Monahan
                    > >
                    > > Also M&Ms candies are really W & Ws
                    > >
                    > > **************Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel
                    > > Guides.
                    > >
                    > (http://travel.aol.com/travel-guide/united-states?
                    > ncid=aoltrv00030000000016
                    > > )

                  • HAROLD DENNISON
                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 10, 2008
                      Indeed, 'tis true!
                      There were once great designs for the "Forks of the Thames"
                      Now we just have a "splash pad"....... and do our best to keep up with "the Ham". :)

                      Ray Hobbs <ray.hobbs@...> wrote:
                      But Hal - if Simcoe had had his way, who knows what London might have
                      become :)
                      Ray
                      41st

                      On 9-Apr-08, at 3:39 PM, HAROLD DENNISON wrote:

                      > I don't think there's much danger of London, Ont. being confused as
                      > the "centre of the universe" :)
                      > .......and I think we prefer it that way.
                      >
                      > Hal
                      >

                      > Peter Catley <peter.catley@...> wrote:
                      > I'm pleased to humbly remind the honourable members that the CENTRE of
                      > the Universe is and will remain Eleanor's Cross at Charing Cross in
                      > London (the original not the one in ON) :-)
                      >
                      > Dispute resolved.
                      >
                      > The Pensioner
                      > Ward 9
                      > The Royal Hospital, Chelsea, very near the CENTRE of the Universe!
                      >
                      > On 9 Apr 2008, at 00:12, KILTONE@... wrote:
                      >

                      > > In a message dated 4/8/2008 1:45:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                      > > kevingarrett@... writes:
                      > >
                      > > > Ah, but did you know that The TORONTO SUN, one of Canada's finest
                      > > > skimpy-bikini- skimpy- skim skimpy skimpy-bikini-<WB
                      > > > published from a building very close to the heart of the City?
                      > > >
                      > > > So, as Toronto revolves around The TORONTO SUN, and the rest of
                      > the
                      > > > universe revolves around Toronto, we are both correct, sir!
                      > > >
                      > > > Yrs etc,
                      > > >
                      > > > Peter Monahan
                      > >
                      > > Sirs,
                      > >
                      > > I wish to point out that the Canandian Monahan gene pool is in no
                      > way
                      > > coonected to the Ireland Monahan gene pool.
                      > >
                      > > YHS
                      > > Michael Monahan
                      > >
                      > > Also M&Ms candies are really W & Ws
                      > >
                      > > **************Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL Travel
                      > > Guides.
                      > >
                      > (http://travel.aol.com/travel-guide/united-states?
                      > ncid=aoltrv00030000000016
                      > > )

                    • David Lynch
                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 11, 2008
                        I suppose the great design for the Forks of the Thames were spoiled
                        when the Dish ran away with the Spoon....

                        :o)

                        Dave Lynch

                        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, HAROLD DENNISON <hdennison@...>