Re: [War Of 1812] New TV movie

  • suthren@magma.ca
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 3, 2008
      Now, if only they'd do another 'Hornblower'.....

      Vic Suthren
      For those interested in the ongoing saga, "Sharpe's Peril" is due for
      release in the UK in late 2008 as a new TV drama. According to the
      released info it is a sequel to Sharpe's Challenge, and takes place
      shortly afterward.
      The usual suspects are included in the cast.
      Yrs etc.
      Ray H
      XLI

    • Ray Hobbs
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 3, 2008
          AMEN!
          Ray

          On 3-Apr-08, at 3:39 PM, <suthren@...> wrote:

          > Now, if only they'd do another 'Hornblower'.....
          >
          > Vic Suthren

        • Iain Burns
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 3, 2008
            Either would be nice, but frankly I'd rather see another in the "Master and Commander" series....

            So much better researched and done, eh?

            Aye,
            Iain

          • suthren@magma.ca
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 3, 2008
              Yeah, it was. Only they really ought to remove the tablecloth before serving the port. AND keep the decanter on the table.....etc. etc. (grumble, grumble)

              Vic

              > Now, if only they'd do another 'Hornblower'.....
              >
              > Vic Suthren

            • Tom Fournier
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 3, 2008
                Has anyone been watching the new HBO series, John Adams?

                We get it on "The Movie Network" on the Rogers network in Ontario.

                Tom
              • Bob Dorian
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 3, 2008
                  And let the surgeon operate on other people & NOT on himself!

                  Bob Dorian
                  Surgeon 14 LD

                  suthren@... wrote:
                  Yeah, it was. Only they really ought to remove the tablecloth before serving the port. AND keep the decanter on the table.....etc. etc. (grumble, grumble)

                  Vic

                  > Now, if only they'd do another 'Hornblower'.....
                  >
                  > Vic Suthren

                • Tom Hurlbut
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 4, 2008
                    I'm going to have to wait until it gets to the History Network..
                    Has anyone been watching the new HBO series, John Adams?

                    We get it on "The Movie Network" on the Rogers network in Ontario.

                    Tom

                  • Charlie
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 7, 2008
                      Yes, much more surgery & materia medica please! Better yet, let me!!