OT event info

  • J.Bruce Whittaker
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2008
      Greetings all,
      This is a reminder of the Rise to Rebellion event on May 9, 10 & 11
      2008 at the Georgina Pioneer Village 26557 Civic Centre Road, Keswick
      Ontario (905)476-4305 ext. 284. prosedonahoe@... I can be
      contacted off list as well.
      This is an 1837 Rebellion event but we are looking for reenactors of
      other eras who would like to take part either as Rebels, Reformers or
      Loyalists (Family Compact). We are looking for a gun crew and a
      stipend for powder is available. We are making this an interactive
      event that would involve the public choosing sides and marching with
      their chosen side, at a safe distance, to meet the opposition.
      Redcoat and civillian impressions are most welcome. We can offer
      firewood, modern washrooms, morning coffee/tea and a very nice 19th
      century village. A small modern camping area is available. Tim
      Horton's, Country Style, the In and Out Store and grocery stores are
      close by.
      Many thanks to those who have responded to this event and many thanks
      to those who have attended past events.
      Best regards,
      Bruce Whittaker
    • Peter Catley
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2008
        Dear Bruce,

        What Rebellion? 1837? thats almost recent history :-)

        Cheers

        P**

        On 3 Apr 2008, at 15:56, J.Bruce Whittaker wrote:

        > Greetings all,
        > This is a reminder of the Rise to Rebellion event on May 9, 10 & 11
        > 2008 at the Georgina Pioneer Village 26557 Civic Centre Road, Keswick
        > Ontario (905)476-4305 ext. 284. prosedonahoe@... I can be
        > contacted off list as well.
        > This is an 1837 Rebellion event but we are looking for reenactors of
        > other eras who would like to take part either as Rebels, Reformers or
        > Loyalists (Family Compact). We are looking for a gun crew and a
        > stipend for powder is available. We are making this an interactive
        > event that would involve the public choosing sides and marching with
        > their chosen side, at a safe distance, to meet the opposition.
        > Redcoat and civillian impressions are most welcome. We can offer
        > firewood, modern washrooms, morning coffee/tea and a very nice 19th
        > century village. A small modern camping area is available. Tim
        > Horton's, Country Style, the In and Out Store and grocery stores are
        > close by.
        > Many thanks to those who have responded to this event and many thanks
        > to those who have attended past events.
        > Best regards,
        > Bruce Whittaker

      • rnrrooster
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2008
          our "Canadian civil war" only us Canadians would start & end a war
          in the pub {LOL}
          Rooster

          - In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Peter Catley <peter.catley@...>