Fw: failure notice

  • Rommel John Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 1999
      Ahoy maties,

      I've just come from visiting the site Mr. George lists below,
      http://www.cronab.demon.co.uk and Arrgh,
      is it ever satisfyingly good! So, if you haven't been, set your sails on
      a course for yon site, it is well worth the time and effort.

      That said, does anyone have a good source for uniforms (1805 coatee)
      and accoutrements of the period? J.D.Jarnagin's 18th C. catalogue is
      being reworked, so it won't be available again for a while, but the price
      list mentions not the 1805 coatee, only the 1812-1814 and 1814-1815
      coatees. Whatever is a fair Fifth Marylander to do?

      And although I know the Constellation rests on a 1860 keel and has the
      rounded stern appropriate to the mid-19th, she'll still be my favorite
      frigate for a long time to come, afterall the keel had to have been cut
      down from another vessel and who's to say that it wasn't the keel of
      the 1797 Constellation that was butchered to build this ship which
      now rests in the Baltimore Harbor?

      Your Servant,

      Rommel John Miller
      Ocean City, MD