Speaking of jingoistic poetry....

  • suthren@magma.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26 7:25 AM
      There's Yankee boats a-pullin', boys
      Away from yonder shore;
      You'd think that after Queenston Heights
      They'd not come back for more.
      There's a nice blue-coated officer
      So spangly and so spry
      And won't he be surprised to get
      A ball between the eyes.

      It's up! you brave and bully lads
      We'll have some sport today
      Jonathan's nose we'll bloody well,
      And we'll send him home to stay

      We battled up that rainsoaked hill,
      The Mohawks with us too,
      And the French boys down at Chateauguay
      Made sure the Yanks were through;
      There's an empty field at Crysler's Farm
      Beneath the open sky,
      Where a lot of Yankee soldiery
      Were quite surprised to die.

      And it's up! you brave and bully lads
      We'll have some sport today
      Jonathan's nose we'll bloody well,
      And we'll send him home to stay

      Their armies they sent north on us,
      Twice, thrice, or maybe three,
      But we fought 'em fair on open ground
      And, by God, the north's still free;
      They can fly their eagles proudly
      Somewhere else against the sky,
      But the North they'll leave alone next time
      And we know the reason why.

      So it's up! you brave and bully lads
      We'll have some sport today
      Jonathan's nose we'll bloody